Alina Ungureanu, Partner, has a PhD in civil procedure law and a broad practice in commercial litigation, domestic and international arbitration. She has an extensive experience in judicial proceedings related to the enforcement phase, including the recognition and enforcement in Romania of court decisions or arbitration awards issued by international courts.
Furthermore, she has been involved in insolvency, reorganisation, and bankruptcy proceedings as a Member of the National Union of Insolvency Practitioners in Romania since 2008. Alina has also conducted complex dispute resolution cases in a variety of fields, from real estate and construction rights to insurance law litigation, representing some of the leading insurers on the market or in the field of railway infrastructure.
She has experience in legislative proposals (mainly as regards civil procedure) and is the author of several legal works, published in domestic and international publications, as well as of the book – “The challenge to the enforcement proceedings” (Universul Juridic, 2012-2013).
She is fluent English.
- Coordinating the representation of a leading group of companies in the field of road and highway infrastructure development as regards commercial litigations worth more than EUR 88,000,000.
- Coordinating the representation of a highly branded group of companies in a complex litigation having as object claims in amount of EUR 40,000,000 regarding a financing granted by the Agency for Payments and Intervention in Agriculture (APIA).
- Coordinating the representation of one of the insurers with the largest market share in Romania in insurance field litigation exceeding EUR 50,000,000.
- Coordinating the representation of one of the most notorious transport operators on the railway infrastructure in Romania, in hundreds of commercial litigations against the administrator of the railway infrastructure.
- Coordinating the representation in litigations having as object the revendication of impressive art collections of inestimable value on behalf of a Municipal Museum of Art.