Amalia Dumitru is Managing Associate at Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații, having extensive experience in real estate transactions.
As part of the firm's real estate practice group, she has been constantly advising on real estate related matters in various retail, energy, banking, residential and agribusiness projects implemented in Romania. Amalia has been directly involved in many important projects, by coordinating due diligence exercises, drafting and negotiating transaction documents and giving specific legal advice in connection with the structuring of the transactions and the implementation thereof.
Amalia Dumitru is fluent in English.
- Coordinator of the legal team retained by the largest fast food restaurant chain in the world in connection with all real estate related issues pertaining to client’s expansion plans on the Romanian market.
- Member and co-coordinator of the legal team retained by France’s leading hypermarket operator in connection with the expansion of the retail sale network of hypermarkets and supermarkets, including assistance in relation to the acquisition of “Billa” branded Romanian network of supermarkets from REWE Group.
- Member and co-coordinator of the legal team retained by one of the largest players on the European agribusiness market for legal assistance on all real estate related issues in connection with the Romanian farming business of the client (comprising 4 entities which operate approximately 14,000 hectares of arable land).
- Member and co-coordinator of the legal team retained by a well-known international player in the gambling industry in relation to the extension of the betting shops chain, as well as to the renegotiation of the on-going lease agreements (triggered also by the COVID-19 context).
- Member and co-coordinator of the legal team retained by an international oil and gas company in connection with all real estate related issues relating to client’s expansion plans on the Romanian oil upstream and downstream market.