Florentin Țuca is Managing Partner at Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații. He has extensive professional experience as a consultant/expert in critical legislative drafting in various areas (Privatisations, Concessions, Banking, etc.) and in domestic & international arbitration, particularly disputes arising from the violation of bilateral investment treaties.
He frequently publishes articles of interest to civil society, both on his personal blog www.florentintuca.ro and in various magazines and publications, including online, such as Dilema Veche magazine, contributors.ro, adevarul.ro, juridice.ro, universuljuridic.ro, hotnews.ro. He wrote the volumes of essays "Galceava cu juristul din mine" (Quarrelling with my inner jurist) (Humanitas Publishing House, 2014) and "Adevarul in cautare de minister" (The truth in quest of a ministry) (Universul Juridic Publishing House, 2021).
He has lectured on current legal issues in many domestic and international conferences and forums organized by private or academic institutions. In 2012, he was designated "European Managing Partner of the Year" by the London publication The Lawyer.
Florentin Țuca has a PhD in law (2007) with a thesis on public-private partnerships. He was an assistant professor at the Faculty of Law for three years.
He is fluent in English and French.
- Coordinator of the legal team retained by a Governmental authority in a EUR 700,000,000 privatization of Daewoo Automobile Romania SA (DWAR) with Ford Motor Co., including preparing the privatization strategy and assisting a Governmental authority during negotiations.
- Coordinator of the legal team retained by a major French construction company on a PPP for the building and operation of a section of the Bucharest–Braşov highway.
- Coordinator of the legal team which has successfully assisted and represented the Romanian authorities in an important ICSID arbitration initiated by Noble Ventures Inc.
- Coordinator of the legal team retained by one of the world’s leading international financial service providers, based in Germany, in connection with the acquisition/privatisation of Banca Comerciala Romana (BCR).
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații and The Legal 500 launch the first-ever GC Powerlist Romania
- Gabriel Zbârcea's name – incorporated in the name of Țuca & Asociații
- Firm's Managing Partner - to participate in marcus evans' ELITE 2007 Summit
- 8 for 2008: the most important public and business figures in Romania
- Florentin Țuca speaks to the European Lawyer magazine
- Top banks in Romania seal EUR 350 million deal with Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații as sole legal adviser
- Florentin Țuca receives the Leadership Award
- The Financial Times: Florentin Țuca is the sole Romanian lawyer shortlisted for the Legal Innovator of the Year Award
- Lawyers from Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații and White & Case (US) win second ICSID arbitration for Romania
- The Mr. RON award for legal advice practice goes to Florentin Țuca
- Order of discontinuance of proceedings closes third ICSID arbitration case brought against Romania
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer to Represent AVAS in the Latest International Arbitration Case before the ICSID
- The Lawyer: A Romanian Lawyer Becomes the First European Managing Partner of the Year in the Awards History
- Romania Wins Sixth Investment Treaty Arbitration Case Under ICSID Rules
- Tuca Zbarcea & Asociatii, ranked amongst the finest law firms for International Arbitration work by the Global Arbitration Review
- Managing Partner Florentin Țuca joins the Final Selection Committee for the 2022 CEE Deals of the Year Awards
- Prima ediție a celui mai mare summit internațional dedicat PPP a avut loc la București
- Țuca Zbârceea & Asociații wins three awards at the Romanian Legal Awards, including the grand trophy "Law Firm of the Year"
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații receives three awards from Ziarul Financiar
- Lawyers from the firm formerly known as Țuca & Asociații contributed to Romania winning a multi-million dollar international dispute against Noble Ventures, Inc.