Ionuț Șerban is a Partner in the litigation and arbitration practice group at Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații.
He has appeared before Romanian courts at all levels, domestic and international courts of arbitration in complex civil law, corporate and commercial, contentious-administrative, fiscal and public procurement disputes, complex bankruptcy and reorganization proceedings, as well forced execution and debt recovery measures.
Ionuț Șerban has a strong track record in representing local and multinational companies, credit institutions, non-banking financial institutions, governmental institutions and bodies of the local and central public administration system, as well as renowned public figures.
In particular, he is experienced in complex commercial disputes derived from Romanian and international commercial law relations (commercial transactions, joint ventures etc.), corporate disputes (operation and dissolution of companies, disputes between shareholders, withdrawals and exclusions from company, cancellation of GMS decisions etc), administrative and fiscal contentious, as well public procurement litigations.
Ionuț Șerban also concentrates on civil law (especially in claims, real estate litigations, press offenses), intellectual property, and has an important practice in representing clients in complex bankruptcy and reorganization proceedings, forced execution and debt recovery measures.
He is fluent in English.
- Coordinator of the legal team retained by the largest telecom companies operating in Romania for legal representation in complex disputes concerning telecom market, multimillion contentious administrative and public procurement disputes, commercial and labour litigations.
- Coordinator of the legal team retained by important Romanian manufacturers of public transportation (trams and electric buses) in public procurement litigations, some of them worth hundreds of millions of euros.
- Coordinator of the legal team retained by the former majority shareholder of an important Romanian IT company for representation in an ICC arbitration case held in Zurich, Switzerland against a Romanian company in relation to the latter’s claims of more than USD 20,000,000.
- Coordinator of the legal team assisting the Romanian authority for state assets recovery in bankruptcy and enforcement proceedings for the recovery of assets worth more than USD 32,000,000 belonging to a Romanian company, as well as representation in various civil and commercial disputes related to assets recovery.
- Lawyers from Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații unlock a 290 million lei contract for the purchase of 100 electric buses in the city of Bucharest
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații successfully defends Vodafone Romania in a litigation with Romania’s consumer protection authority
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații Obtains Irrevocable Ruling in High-Profile Public Procurement Dispute with a Public Water Supply and Sewerage Company
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații Obtains Favourable Ruling in High-Profile Public Procurement Dispute with a Local Municipality