Nisa Jecu, Managing Associate at Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații, is specialised in electricity and natural gas, with focus on renewable sources of energy, having advised clients in high profile and complex projects in the energy sector. She has gained extensive expertise in project development, M&A transactions, privatisations, as well as regulatory matters surrounding day-to-day business of companies acting on these markets.
She is also very experienced in corporate and commercial law, including specific company related matters such as reorganisations, share capital variations, transfers of shares, management, shareholders agreements, disputes between shareholders, and drafting and negotiating contracts.
She is fluent in English.
- Co-coordinator of the legal team assisting the biggest electricity producer in the Czech Republic in relation to Romanian law matters concerning the divestment of a portfolio of power assets to a consortium led by an Australian investment fund.
- Co-coordinator of the legal team assisting a subsidiary of Transgaz S.A. in the Republic of Moldova in relation to the acquisition of Vestmoldtransgaz, the licensed natural gas transmission operator in the Republic of Moldova, which exploits the Moldovan part of the Iași-Ungheni gas pipeline and will build and operate the Ungheni-Chișinău gas pipeline.
- Member of the legal team advising a subsidiary of Transgaz S.A on a complex deal aimed at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development becoming a minority shareholder in Vestmoldtransgaz, with a EUR 20,000,000 investment, via a share capital increase (subscription agreement, option agreement, shareholders’ agreement).
- Co-coordinator of the legal team assisting a leading electricity distribution and supply company in Romania in all legal matters surrounding the acquisition of three project companies which develop in aggregate a portfolio of 207 MW renewable energy.
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații advised OMV Petrom on two of the most important "green" transactions in Romania
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații acted on a EUR 20 million deal whereas EBRD had acquired 25% in Vestmoldtransgaz, the Moldovan subsidiary of Transgaz
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații advised Global Technical Group on selling a majority interest to Abris Capital Partners
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații seals privatisation deal in the Republic of Moldova acting for Eurotransgaz