Sergiu Crețu is a Managing Associate with Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații.
Since the early years of his career, he has sought to acquire multidisciplinary expertise to meet the needs of today's fast-paced economy. He has gained a wealth of expertise in dealing with high profile commercial transactions and mergers and acquisitions projects. As part of his corporate law expertise, Sergiu has assisted Romanian and foreign companies in implementing various complex reorganisation procedures, handling disputes between shareholders, and drafting, negotiating, and closing shareholders agreements, share purchase agreement or busines transfer agreements.
Sergiu is one of the key lawyers of our data privacy practice advising high-profile clients activating in telecom, banking, gambling, and health & pharma sectors. His extensive expertise covers, inter alia, implementing information governance and data management programmes, conducting data privacy impact assessments, advising on implications regarding the processing of sensitive data, advising data privacy compliance strategies and programs.
Also, as one of the firm's leading lawyers in the firm's gambling practice, he has gained significant experience in gambling projects covering broad range of legal services provided both to B2C and B2B gambling license holders.
He is also skilled in intellectual property (advising clients on trademark registration and licensing projects, trademarks enforcement and counterfeiting claims, and software copyright), e-commerce and consumer protection (advising various local and international clients – credit institutions, product manufacturers, retail companies - in projects involving the compliance with the e-commerce, advertising and consumer protection legislation) and other regulatory areas, such cybersecurity and dual-use.
- Member of the legal team assisting a leading telecommunications company in a complex transaction involving the acquisition of the 100 % share capital of UPC Romania S.A, followed by a merger by absorption with UPC Romania.
- Member of the legal team assisting a Polish company in the reorganisation process of local operations by way of merger of three entities into Interbrands Marketing & Distribution.
- Member of the legal team assisting a telecommunications company as regards several data privacy projects aimed at ensuring compliance with the GDPR standards.
- Member of the legal team assisting a leading gambling operator on a wide range of compliance/regulatory issues specific to the performance of online gambling in Romania.
- Member of the legal team assisting several major software gambling developers/providers in the process of obtaining from the Romanian gambling regulator B2B gambling licenses (licenses for software supply and platform management services).