Sorina Ștefoni is a Senior Associate within our Banking & Finance practice area.
During the past years, she has been involved in advising foreign and domestic clients on a variety of complex transactions, including structured finance transactions, banking regulatory, mergers and acquisitions transactions, as well as general assistance related to a wide range of business matters.
Besides her Bachelor of Laws degree, she also has a Bachelor Degree in Economics and an LL.M. Degree in Tax Law. She is also a PhD student at the Bucharest University of Economic Studies.
During her studies, she participated in numerous internships and competitions that determined her to become a lawyer. Due to these activities, she gained significant experience in a variety of business areas and also in public speaking.
Sorina is fluent in English.
- Member of the legal team assisting an alternative asset management firm in the due diligence regarding the transfer of a portfolio of non-performing loans from the National Bank of Greece.
- Member of the legal team assisting an important commercial bank in relation to the financing granted to a medical services group for the purpose of acquisitions, refinancing of debt and general corporate purposes.
- Member of the legal team assisting an important commercial bank, part of a French financial services group, in relation to the financing of the construction and development of various real estate projects in Cluj-Napoca.
- Member of the team advising Europe's fastest growing private cancer treatment institution in connection with various amendments to be brought to its organisation structure.
- Member of the legal team assisting a leading US tech company as regards cloud outsourcing services to be offered to various credit institutions.