Cătălin-Dennis Băiculescu has advised on many high-profile mergers & acquisitions and Romanian privatisations, and is recognised as an expert in the due diligence process, the negotiation of assets and share-purchase agreements, as well as post-acquisition restructuring matters.
His expertise in the banking and finance area includes advising on banking regulatory legal issues and compliance, syndicated loans, project finance transactions, and bank restructuring and privatisation. Cătălin-Dennis has also assisted international aircraft owners and financing banks in connection with aircraft lease agreements and mortgage agreements signed with local airlines.
Furthermore, he is a skilled and resourceful lawyer in electronic communications & IT, where he has advised on licensing issues, telecom service agreements, software development agreements, data privacy and outsourcing agreements. His expertise includes the area of entertainment and media, providing legal assistance services to broadcasters and production companies on commercial contracts relating to television shows, betting and gaming, advertising agreements and regulatory issues.
As recognition for his legal publishing activity, Cătălin-Dennis Băiculescu has been admitted as Honorary Fellow of the Center for International Legal Studies, Salzburg, Austria. He is a member of the European Air Law Association and has also acted as legal counsel to the World Bank.
- Coordinator of the legal team retained by a U.S.-based luxury lifestyle beauty brand with respect to the incorporation of its subsidiary in Romania, its full corporate compliance, a major share capital injection, employment recruitment process, negotiation and review of local suppliers’ contracts, negotiation and execution of lease agreements, etc.
- Coordinator of the legal team advising a leading global alternative investment firm in relation to a significant financial investment in a developer of cutting-edge digital products.
- Coordinator of the legal team advising an U.S. company establishing in Bucharest its first ever cybersecurity and IT Center of Excellence. The center serves as a hub for specialised and highly skilled talent, industry best practices, software development and collaboration opportunities across cybersecurity, IT and finance functions.
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații, the best ranked law firm in Romania by The Legal 500 EMEA 2023 edition
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații acted for Clever Business Transilvania on acquiring Prima TV
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații advises The Rohatyn Group on acquiring Animax pet shops
- Romanian independent outfit closes Direct One-Netcity Telecom deal
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații acts on one of the largest deals in the TMT sector so far
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații acts on a EUR 706 million cross-border deal in aerospace
- US fashion label Michael Kors opens a new store in Bucharest, Romania